The Dead Sea (in Hebrew Yam Ha-melah, meaning “Sea of Salt”) lies
420 meters (1,378 ft) below sea level, making it the lowest place on earth. It
is also one of the world’s saltiest bodies of water, with 33.7 percent salinity,
which is 8.6 times saltier than the ocean. Each year, thousands of people
come to this region from all over the world to experience the therapeutic
benefits of its unique properties: the high mineral content of the waters,
the very low content of pollens and other allergens in the atmosphere,
the reduced ultraviolet radiation from the sun, and the higher atmospheric
pressure at this great depth. These characteristics make the Dead Sea region
the largest natural health spa in the world.
Since ancient times, people have used the mineral-rich water and mud of the
Dead Sea to enhance their appearance and treat skin disorders. For decades,
experts have known that The Dead Sea is the world’s richest source of
revitalizing salts, minerals and trace elements. Many of the minerals in these
salts are vitally important for many body functions and the unique composition
of Dead Sea salts and mud is of great value in both general skincare and the
treatment of problem skin. That is why cosmetic companies began making
products based on these beneficial components some twenty three years
ago. In recent years, there has been a global trend to buy Dead Sea cosmetic
The AVANI line is a new, innovative range of luxury cosmetic products based
on a natural concept. They are made from Dead Sea minerals scientifically
formulated with herbal extracts, natural oils and vitamins. This special line
consists of advanced face, body and nail care products.
The Dead Sea essential minerals in AVANI products rejuvenate the skin and
promote cell renewal. The main minerals are as follows:
Potassium and sodium – supply energy to skin cells.
Magnesium – activates enzymes to accelerate cell renewal.
Bromide – soothes and treats skin ailments.
Chloride – helps balance body minerals.Calcium – strengthens cell membranes and eases pain.
All of these minerals naturally moisturize and nourish the skin.
AVANI cosmetics are gentle but effective products that rebalance natural
moisture levels and reduce the signs of aging while protecting the skin from
harmful environmental effects. These benefits can be attributed to the blend of
carefully selected active ingredients, such as the following:
• Aloe Vera – has excellent hydrating, softening and soothing properties
and is an excellent source of allantoin, which relieves skin irritation.
• Jojoba Oil – has excellent spreading, lubricating and penetrating
• Shea Butter – has soothing, protective qualities and is said to have some
sun screening capability.
• Olive Oil – an antioxidant that has good moisturizing properties.
• Vitamin E – a natural moisture binder that allows the skin to breathe and
function naturally; believed to have natural healing qualities.
• Vitamin A – an ingredient used for its regenerating properties.
• Vitamin C – a valuable antioxidant and protectant against photodamage
created by sunlight in both the UVB and UVA bands.
• Green Tea – has potent anti-inflammatory properties and is a powerful
• Collagen – forms a superior protective film to soothe and hydrate and
provides long-lasting moisturizing effects.
• Seaweed – has antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties.
• Ginkgo Biloba – a potent antioxidant that helps improve blood flow.
• Chamomile – has soothing properties.
• Vitamin D – soothes the skin, has corrective qualities and is an excellent
• Pro-Vitamin B5 – known for its revitalizing and conditioning effects in
the hair and skin, it has humectant-like properties that promote moisture
Out of a deep concern for the environment, we base all our products on
natural ingredients and never test any of them on animals.